- Ph.D. candidate, Mechanical Engineering, 2012-present
- M.S.E., Mechanical Engineering, 2012, University of Michigan
- B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 2010, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
My research focuses on the impact of microstructural features on the shape memory effect (SME) in Nickel-Titanium, a shape memory alloy. Specifically, I am interested in the effect of initial microstructure on the degradation of the SME during thermo-mechanical loading and shakedown, and the role of plastic deformation in the evolution of locked-in martensite in this context.
- Intern in Mechanics Division, NTD Patent and Trademark Agency Ltd. Beijing, 2/2007-3/2007
- Exchange Student, Berlin Technical University, 1/2008-2/2008
- Research Assistant in Biomechanics Lab of Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 7/2009-8/2010
- Research Assistant on Liquefied Natural Gas in Mechanical Engineering Department, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, 3/2008-3/2009